CV Help Centre
General rules for creating a CV
Keep it simple - use a clear easy to read font and use 10/12pt. Keep colours simple and professional.
Ensure it is concise – one to two pages is more than adequate and even with extensive experience, there is no need to write a novel, this allows you to expand on your experience during the interview
List your experience – starting with the most recent to the oldest in this job field
Add references – These should be professional references from previous roles
Parents are looking for a candidate to best fulfil the needs of their child(ren) so your CV must demonstrate your skills and duties performed. They will also want to see the type of person that you are and how serious you are about the role in question. You should include the following:
- Name, address, phone number, nationality & marital status
- Photograph (if available)
- Educational background e.g. childcare qualifications, university degrees etc.
- Additional qualifications e.g. Paediatric First Aid, Common Core Skills
- Do you have a DBS Check (formerly known as CRB) if so include this
- Personal interests
- Other relevant skills – do you drive?
Parents will be interested in the types of domestic settings in which you have worked, so it is important to include as much detail as possible in your work history or previous experience sections.
For each position you have held, it is useful to include the following information:
- The family's surname (example: Cooper Family)
- State whether the position was sole charge or shared care
- Full-time or part-time (if part-time, specify number of days)
- The duration of your employment (Month & Year)
- The children's sex and age when you started working for family
- Your daily duties
- Include any activities you arranged for the children?
- Did you organise play dates?
- If you dealt with babies did you help develop a feeding and sleeping routine?
Not yet a member? Sign up to Findababysitter.com and search thousands of local childcare candidates.
Are you a childcarer? Sign up and create your free Findababysitter.com profile.
Hiring a childcarer?
Looking for a job?